Library Competency Exam
You must register with
Academic Standing to take the exam.
All exams close 48 hours prior to exam start. No students will be registered after that.
Only 28 students will be allowed in each session which will be registered on a first-come first-served basis.
Only students who are registered for the specific date will be permitted to sit for the exam on that date.
If you do not take the exam before you have earned 60 credits, you will be required to take the
Library Workshop instead. Transfer students with 61 or more credits are exempt from the exam and
workshop. Transfer students with 60 credits must take the exam during their first semester here
at LIU Post.
|Feb 14||12:30-1:00||LB 227||
|Mar 29||12:30-1:00||LB 227
|Feb 22||12:30-1:00||LB 227||
|Apr 02||12:30-1:00||LB 227
|Feb 27||12:30-1:00||LB 227||
|Apr 12||12:30-1:00||LB 227
|Mar 05||3:30-4:00||LB 227||
|Apr 17||12:30-1:00||LB 227
|Mar 21||12:30-1:00||LB 227||
- Email Postfirstname.lastname@example.org with
the date/time of the exam you would like to register for.
- Please include your first and last name, student ID#, and your MyLIU username.
- Once your email is received, you will be sent a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail you are not registered for the exam.
- If the session is filled, you will receive an email requiring you to choose a different session.
- On the day of the exam, you must bring a photo ID and know your student ID#.
- You will find out immediately after finishing the exam if you have passed.
Study Guide: Library Workshop Manual