Subject List of Databases
If you're not sure where to start, try the databases listed under "General".
- Databases are accessible from any university computer except where noted.
these databases can also be searched from home and other off-campus computers.
- There is no time limit or charge to use these databases, but only members of the
Long Island University community may use them.
- Your Password is the library barcode number on your
card (do not include the spaces).
If you owe any fines or
overdue books, access
will be blocked.
- The database will open in a new browser window.
When you wish to return to the database list, close that window.
- Once you have entered your password, you should not
need to enter it again to use other databases unless more than thirty
minutes have passed since you last entered it.
- If you have problems accessing these databases, see the
Remote Access Frequently
page. If you are still having problems, call the Reference
Department at (631) 273-5112 ext. 35. If you experience technical difficulties
after the library has closed, you can email
these databases contain the full text of articles or books.
Note that many of these will contain full text for only a fraction of the articles they index.
these databases are available only inside the library.
these databases are available courtesy of
NOVEL (New York Online Virtual Electronic Library),
a statewide virtual library provided free to
the public by the New York State Library.
It is currently a pilot project funded through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
grant to the NY State Library by the Federal Institute of
Museum and Library Services (IMLS).