Subject List of Databases
If you're not sure where to start, try the databases listed under "General".
- Databases are accessible from any university computer except where noted.
these databases can also be searched from home and other off-campus computers.
- There is no time limit or charge to use these databases, but only members of the
Long Island University community may use them.
- Your username and password are the same ones that you use for your MyLIU and email accounts.
If you owe any fines or overdue books, access
will be blocked.
- The database will open in a new browser window.
When you wish to return to the database list, close that window.
- Once you have entered your password, you should not
need to enter it again to use other databases unless more than thirty
minutes have passed since you last entered it.
- If you have problems accessing these databases, see the
Remote Access Frequently Asked Questions
page. If you are still having problems, call the Reference
Department at (516) 299-2305.
these databases contain the full text of articles or books.
Note that many of these will contain full text for only a fraction of the articles they index.
these databases are available only inside the library.
these databases are available courtesy of
NOVEL (New York Online Virtual Electronic Library),
a statewide virtual library provided free to
the public by the New York State Library.
It is currently a pilot project funded through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
grant to the NY State Library by the Federal Institute of
Museum and Library Services (IMLS).