As a first step in getting ready for your team term project, you will investigate several
data sources. This exercise will introduce you to the sources and provide information to
use in your reports. Work with your team members to accomplish the following:
- Using the statistical sources mentioned in class today, find information on the number
of business majors:
- How many business majors are there in the country?
- Do you see any trends in these numbers?
- Using the career sources and statistical sources mentioned in class today, find
information relevant to job prospects for marketing students:
- What is the job outlook generally for marketing and/or business majors?
- What is the job outlook for marketing and/or business majors in the Northeast
or in the metro NY area?
- What salary might a new marketing hire expect to receive?
- Using a library database, locate an article that might be useful for your term project:
- Name of database
- Keywords you used to search
- Title of article you found
- Date of article you found
- Given the information you have uncovered in relation to the questions above, answer
- Would you recommend majoring in marketing to a friend who was considering
a business career?
- How would the data you have uncovered above influence why someone might
choose to be or not choose to be a marketing major?
Back to MKT 81 page