Accounting and Taxation Databases
(see also Business)
[Online Books & Research]
[Also of Interest]
- Indexes to Journals and Books:
Accounting Periodicals (LexisNexis)
- Accounting and tax journals, magazines, and newsletters, as well as
accounting-related articles from law journals.
on the Web:
- The online public access catalog of Long Island University's
six campuses. This can be searched from any computer. No password is needed.
- Online Encyclopedias and Research Services:
Reuters Checkpoint (Thomson Reuters)
- (Formerly RIA Checkpoint Tax Service) Comprehensive federal, state,
international, estate, payroll, and pension tax information including
law, expert analysis, treatises, tax-related news, cases, rulings and
more. Includes the FASB Add-on Package, AICPA Professional Library,
International Accounting Standards (IASB), and
Government Accounting Standards (GASB).
(To register for an individual account, go to
www.riahome.com/cploginids from an
on-campus computer and then access the database through this
Please contact the Center for
Business Research for more information.)
Accounting Reference (LexisNexis)
- Reference guides to accounting concepts as well as GAAP (Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, including non-profit and government), GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards),
SASs (Statements on Auditing Standards), SSAEs (Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements),
SSARSs (Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services), and IFRS (Interpretation
and Application of International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards).
Federal Tax Law (LexisNexis)
- Federal tax cases, decisions, codes, statutes, guidelines, notices, etc.
State Tax Law (LexisNexis)
- State tax cases, decisions, codes, statutes, guidelines, notices, etc.
- Also of Interest:
of Business and Finance (GVRL) (InfoTrac/Gale Group)
- More than three hundred entries present a wealth of information
about the major functional areas of business including accounting, economics,
finance, information systems, law, management, and marketing. Strong emphasis
is given to careers, ethics, government legislation, and organizations
in the field of business.
Database descriptions are adapted from each database's website.
NOVEL (New York Online Virtual
Electronic Library) is a statewide virtual library provided free to
the public by the New York State Library.
It is currently a pilot project funded through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
grant to the NY State Library by the Federal Institute of
Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
HTML by Robert Delaney