Marine Science and Aquaculture Databases
Botany and Agriculture,
- Indexes to Journals and Books:
on the Web:
- The online public access catalog of Long Island University's
six campuses. This can be searched from any computer. No password is needed.
- Online Video:
- Science Video Online
(Alexander Street Press)
- Comprehensive streaming video resource for the study of scientific disciplines. The collection
covers environmental studies, natural history, and the physical and biological sciences, including coverage
of chemistry, physics, biology, geology, oceanography, ecology, astronomy, and geography.
- Online Encyclopedias and Books:
of Aquaculture (GVRL) (InfoTrac/Gale Group)
- Covers aquaculture, recreational fisheries, aquariums, resource use,
environmental management & conservation, development & planning issues,
animal welfare, consumer information, and more to assist a wide audience including scientists,
economists, sociologists, administrators, politicians, concerned organizations,
and the general public.
Science and Issues (GVRL) (InfoTrac/Gale Group)
- Covers key concepts, current issues, major legislation, and traditional &
emerging research in fresh water, marine waters, and policy & management. Includes
historical overviews, biographical sketches, career information, color photographs, illustrations,
sidebars, and a glossary.
Database descriptions are adapted from each database's website.
NOVEL (New York Online Virtual
Electronic Library) is a statewide virtual library provided free to
the public by the New York State Library.
It is currently a pilot project funded through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
grant to the NY State Library by the Federal Institute of
Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
HTML by Robert Delaney