- Where is room ___ ?
- Where is the School of Education,
Palmer School, IT, AV, Director's office, etc.
- A map of the library is available.
- Rooms with a two digit number are in the School of Education,
either in the 302 suite or the 320 suite.
- Where is my class held?
- You can check the schedules for
and Graduate courses or
Studies courses or their printed counterparts in the Reference
or call that department. This still might not work if the classroom
was changed at the last session, and you missed class.
- Where is my professor's / advisor's / dean's office?
- A searchable campus
directory is available on the
university's website, as is an
directory, and printed directories are in
- If their name does not come up, come to the Reference
we'll pursue it. This often happens with Adjuncts, who
are not listed in the telephone directory, but their department
might have their information.
- Once you know which department the person works in,
check the map of the library.
- Where is my teacher's web page?
- Where is the ____ building?
- Where can I get help with my homework / papers / studying?
- Where is the exhibit / lecture / event being held on campus?
- Where are the faculty evaluations?
- The most current student
course evaluations are available on the university's website, but they may be accessed
only from public computers in the library's Reference Department, Periodicals Department,
and Bibliographic Instruction Lab, not from computers in the IT computer labs or elsewhere
- Course evaluations for the Palmer School are on reserve at the Circulation Desk.
- The full collection of past evaluations is available in the Special Collections department
on weekdays from 9:00-5:00.
- Where are the books my professor said were on reserve?
- Most hardcopy reserve material is kept at the
Circulation Desk in the lobby. Increasingly, reserve material is being made available online.
- The Reserves pages will let you search for online and hardcopy reserve material by
class name. Each instructor has a different password to let you access their online reserves.
- A few things may also be kept in other library departments.
- Where do I find other books?
- Where do I find periodicals, magazines, journals, and newspapers?
- Where do I find videos, films, CDs, software, and other multimedia?
- The library subscribes to over 17,000 streaming films and videos on all topics from
Alexander Street Video and over 90,000 streaming music files from the
Naxos Music Library.
- The Instructional Media Center, on the lower floor, has documentaries and other educational videos, DVDs, and films, as well as
CDs, LPs, educational software, pictures, and more. They can be found through LIUCat and a
card catalog inside the IMC.
- Hardcopy videos and films circulate only to faculty.
- Where do I find the forms relevant to research with human subjects?
- Where do I find master's theses and dissertations?
- Where is the Lost & Found?
- The main library Lost & Found is at the
Circulation Desk in the lobby. Some of the departments also
hold items that were turned in. So try the departments you
visited as well as the Circulation Desk.
- Where are the restrooms / water fountains /
- Photocopiers are available on the main and lower floors of the building.
- Restrooms and water fountains are available on all three floors.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms are on the lower floor.
- Where are the telephones?
- A campus phone is located in the Computer Center.
- There are no longer any pay telephones in the building.
- Is it okay to park outside illegally or without a