My Account on LIUCat
What is My Account?
My Account lets you check your Library account (anywhere/anytime). Use it to:
- Renew Online! Only once, and only if your books are not overdue
- See what books you have checked out
- Know when books are due
- Check if books On Hold have come in
- Find out if there are any blocks on your account
- Determine if there are any fines due
How can I access My Account?
- Go to http://liucat.lib.liu.edu
(or select "Online Catalog" from the library homepage.
from the drop-down menu under My Library on the left.
- Enter the same username and password that you use for your MyLIU account and LIU email, and click the
"Submit" button. (Some users might have a barcode and PIN instead.
The first time that you log in, use the 4 digit PIN# that you received when you got your barcode.)
What can I do with My Account?
Once you have logged on, you will be able to do the following:
- Modify Personal Information: Change your email, etc.
- Items currently checked out: See due dates and
renew books online.
- Requests (holds): See items being sent from other LIU campuses and checked-out items that will be held for you when they are returned.
- My Lists: Create lists of books and other items that you might want to refer back to.
- Preferred Searches: Save your search terms so that you can rerun the same search later.
- Modify PIN: Change your personal identification number (if you have one).
For security reasons, you should change your default PIN the first time that you login.
If you are using a public computer, be sure to log out and close the browser when you are finished,
or the next person to use that computer will be able to see your account information.
Need further assistance? Call the
Circulation Department at: 516-299-2303
February 19, 2015