: Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (WebSpirs)
- Is designed specifically to meet the
information needs of nurses, dietitians, and allied health professionals.
It provides access to virtually all English language nursing journals,
publications from the American Nurses' Association and the National League
for Nursing, and primary journals from 13 allied health disciplines.
Reference Center-Academic (InfoTrac/Gale
- Full text from reference books and
periodical articles as well as citations to additional articles on
fitness, pregnancy, medicine, nutrition, diseases, public health,
occupational health & safety, alcohol and drug abuse, HMOs,
prescription drugs, etc. The material contained in this database is
intended for informational purposes only.
Source - Consumer Edition (Ebsco)
- Information on many health topics including
the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports
medicine and general health. Features searchable full text for over 190
journals including Consumer Reports on Health and Men's Health, as well as
abstracts and indexing for over 205 general health, nutrition and
professional health care publications.
- Made available to the public for free by the
National Center for Biotechnology
Information, the PubMed version of Medline is a service of the
National Library of Medicine and includes over 14 million citations for
biomedical articles dating back to the 1950's. These citations are from
Medline and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to
many sites providing full text articles and other related resources. PubMed
Central is a digital archive of life sciences journal literature.
Integrated into the Entrez retrieval system, PMC provides free and
unrestricted access to the full text of over 100 life sciences journals,
with more to come. No password needed.
- Is a full-text database of periodicals,
peer-reviewed journals, academic and professional publications, magazines,
consumer newsletters and newspapers, research reports, and association
newsletters focused on complementary, alternative, and integrated
approaches to health care and wellness across the full spectrum of more
than two hundred therapies, modalities and perspectives addressed by
Academic Universe (Lexis-Nexis)
- General news. Company news, directory, and
financial information. Industry and market news. Government and political
news (national and regional). Country and state profiles, statistics, and
business analysis. Biographical information. Reference books, directories
and business reference library. General medical and health topics;
full-text of medical journals and newsletters; abstracts. Accounting,
auditing, and tax information sources. Legal newspapers, journals,
magazines, and newsletters from across the country; federal case law; U.S.
Code, Constitution, and Court Rules; state case law, constitutions,
statutes, and other legal materials.
Resource Database of Long Island
- Directory of community services and
resources with information on more than 4,500 health, human service, and
education agencies and programs such as parenting education, child care
and camps, services for persons with disabilities, education and training
opportunities, support groups, health facilities, individual and family
counseling, food pantries, hotlines, AIDS/HIV treatment, child abuse and
domestic violence programs, financial management, library programs,
housing and much more serving citizens in the Suffolk County/Long Island
on the Web:
- The online public access catalog of Long
Island University's six campuses. This can be searched from any computer.
No password is needed.
Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
Institutes of Health
Library of Medicine
National Network of
Libraries of Medicine Guide to Internet Discovery Tools
New England Journal of Medicine
New York State Department of
Nurses and Families
U.S. Department of Health &
for Research on Chronic Illness
Nursing References (ICIRN)
HardinMD: Nursing &
National Institute of Nursing Research
Nursing Theory Page
(Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science --- University of San Diego)
Theory Link Page
(Clayton College and State University)
Nursing Theory (College of Nursing, Valdosta State)
- American Journal of Nursing
- AORN Journal
- Applied Nursing Research
- California Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nursing Research
- Geriatric Nursing
- Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing
- see JOGN Nursing
- Health Care Manager
- Previous title: Health Care Supervisor
- Health Care Supervisor
- Title changed to: Health Care Manager
- Health Progress
- Previous title: Hospital Progress
- Heart and Lung
- Home Health Care Services Quarterly
- Home Healthcare Nurse
- Hospital Practice
- Hospital Progress
- Title changed to: Health Progress
- Image : The Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- Title changed to: Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- International Journal of Nursing Studies
- International Nursing Review
- JOGN Nursing
- Journal of Advanced Nursing
- Journal of Ambulatory Care Management
- Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing
- Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Journal of Family Nursing
- Journal of Gerontological Nursing
- Journal of Long-Term Care Administration
- Journal of Nursing Administration
- Journal of Nursing Education
- Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- Previous title: Image: The Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing: JOGNN
- Previous title: JOGN Nursing
- Journal of Professional Nursing
- Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health Services
- Title changed to: Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health
- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Service
- Previous title: Journal of Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health
- Journal of Transcultural Nursing
- Modern Healthcare
- NandHC: Perspectives on Community
- Previous title: Nursing and Health Care
- Title changed to: Nursing and Health Care Perspectives
- New York State Nurses Association Journal
- see Nursing Times
- see Nursing Times Nursing Mirror
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing [year]
- Nursing Administration Quarterly
- Nursing and Health Care
- Nursing and Health Care Perspectives
- Title changed to: Nursing Education Perspectives
- Previous Title: NandHC: Perspectives on Community
- Nursing Clinics of North America
- Nursing Economics
- Nursing Education Perspectives
- Previous title: Nursing and Health Care Perspectives
- Nursing Ethics
- Nursing Forum
- Nursing Homes
- Title changed to: Nursing Homes and Senior Citizen Care
- Nursing Homes and Senior Citizen Care
- Previous title: Nursing Homes
- Title changed to: Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management
- Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management
- Previous title: Nursing Homes and Senior Citizen Care
- Nursing Management
- Previous title: Supervisor Nurse
- Nursing Mirror
- Nursing Outlook
- Nursing Research
- Nursing Times
- Title changed to: Nursing Times
- (Alternate title: Nursing Mirror )
- Nursing Times Nursing Mirror
- Outcomes Management
- Perspectives in Psychiatric Care
- Public Health Nursing
- Qualitative Health Research
- Research and Theory for Nursing Practice
- Research in Nursing and Health
- RN Magazine
- Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice
- Title changed to: Research and Theory for Nursing Practice
- Supervisor Nurse
- Title changed to: Nursing Management
- Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Western Journal of Nursing Research
Carolyn Chambers. Wellness
nursing : concepts, theory, research, and practice.
New York: Springer Pub. Co., c1986.
RT90.3 .C48 1986
Haubrich, William S. Medical
meanings : a glossary of word origins. Philadelphia, PA.:
American College of Physicians, c1997.
R123 .H29 1997
Hott, Jacqueline Rose. Notter's essentials of nursing research.
New York, N.Y. : Springer, 1999.
RT81.5 .N67 1999
Kim, Hesook Suzie. Nursing theories : conceptual and philosophical
foundations. New York: Springer Pub. Co., c1999.
Rafferty, Anne Marie. Exemplary research for nursing and midwifery.
London ; New York : Routledge, 2002.
RT81.5 .E95 2002
Ellis, Rosemary, 1919-1986. Selected writings of Rosemary Ellis :
in search of the meaning of nursing...
New York : Springer Pub., c1996.
RT37.E45 A25 1996
Kozier, Barbara. Fundamentals
of nursing : concepts, process, and practice. Upper Saddle River,
N.J.: Prentice Hall Health, c2004.
RT41 .F8813 2004
Notter, Lucille E. (Lucille Elizabeth), 1907-1993. Essentials of
New York : Springer Pub. Co., c1988.
.N67 1988 --- C.W.
Seaman, Catherine H. C. Research methods : principles, practice,
and theory for nursing.
Norwalk, Conn. : Appleton & Lange, c1987.
RT81.5 .S4 1987