Cedar Swamp Historical Society Collection
Index by Location
- Long Beach -- Lighthouses
- Beacons For All: A History of Long Island Lighthouses / J. Ruff. Journal of
Long Island History, Vol. 11, No. 2; p.145-160; Spring 1999.
- A short article about the history of Long Island lighthouses. Several key towns, all of which have water-
way connections, are noted for being under restoration and repair.
- Illustrations or Maps: No
- Long Beach -- Snowstorm
- Adrift in the Ice Field / C. Wood. Long Island Forum, Vol. 7, No. 11;
p.209-211; Nov. 1944.
- A detailed article about the snowstorm of February 1899 that caused severe damage to Long Island. The
article also focuses on various people who were affected, involved with, or had insight on the storm. Images
include: Horton's Point Light House, Picture of Ice Damage, and a picture of a sailor.
- Illustrations or Maps: Yes
Return to Location Index Home