Cedar Swamp Historical Society Collection
Index by Location
- Mill Creek -- Benjamin Horton House
- The Benjamin Horton House / E. Wangner. Long Island Forum, Vol. 2,
No. 10; p.9-10, 16, 20; Oct. 1939.
- A detailed article about the historical Benjamin Horton House, located in Southold. It was built around
the 1660's and belonged to one of the sons of the original town's settlers. The house still stands, though it has
been updated quite a bit.
- Illustrations or Maps: Yes
- Mill Creek -- Map Making
- Long Island Triangulated: Nineteenth-Century Maps and Charts of the U.S. Coast
Survey / D. Allen. Journal of Long Island History, Vol. 6, No. 2; p.191-207; Spring 1994.
- An article about 19th century map-making of Long Island by Ferdinand Hassler. Hassler was
commissioned by President Jefferson to make a complete and accurate survey of the Shore of Long Island. He
used several larger towns as points of references. Images included.
- Illustrations or Maps: No
Return to Location Index Home