Cedar Swamp Historical Society Collection
Index by Location
- New Suffolk -- Industrialization
- Industrial Zone for Island / M. Dobson. Long Island Forum, Vol. 4, No.
2; p.25-26, 30; Feb. 1941.
- A very detailed article about the industrial boom on Long Island, focusing on several towns that have
seen expansion recently. The towns listed are mentioned as having had an impact on the industrial changes on
Long Island. It also discusses the National Defense Program's influences, as well as the Department of
Education, and the Long Island Rail Road's influence.
- Illustrations or Maps: Yes
- New Suffolk -- Submarine
- Father of the Modern Submarine / C. Canby, R. Morris. American
Heritage, XII-2; p.97-98; Feb. 61.
- A detailed account of how John Holland created and used his submarine. The Goldsmith and Tuthill
yards in New Suffolk is listed as the birth place of the submarine Holland.
- Illustrations or Maps: No
Return to Location Index Home