Cedar Swamp Historical Society Collection
Index by Location
- Rockaway Beach
- And the History Goes 'Round & 'Round / T. Waitkins. American
Heritage, XXXI-1; p.75-76; Dec. 79.
- (Book Review) A very small notation about that uses a photographic essay to detail the history of the
popular carousels on Long Island. A painting from 1880 shows the Bauerhaus Hotel and it's carousel on
- Illustrations or Maps: Yes
- Rockaway Beach -- Maps
- History of Long Island Maps / P. Bassett. Journal of Long Island
History, Vol. 7, No. 1; p.1-24; Spring 1967.
- A long and detailed article of how Long Island was originally mapped. The article starts with Giovannni
de Verrazzano's 1524 French drawing of Long Island, and continues until 1955, with a modern map by
Lockwood, Kessler, & Bartlett (a mapping company). Several maps include specific and important towns, not
always in the same location, as done by the French, the Dutch, and the English. Images of maps, and notations
of important towns included.
- Illustrations or Maps: No
Return to Location Index Home