Cedar Swamp Historical Society Collection
Index by Location
- Wyandanch -- Industrialization
- Industrial Zone for Island / M. Dobson. Long Island Forum, Vol. 4, No.
2; p.25-26, 30; Feb. 1941.
- A very detailed article about the industrial boom on Long Island, focusing on several towns that have
seen expansion recently. The towns listed are listed as having had an impact on the industrial changes on Long
Island. It also discusses the National Defense Program's influences, as well as the Department of Education, and
the Long Island Rail Road's influence.
- Illustrations or Maps: Yes
- Wyandanch -- Silk Dyeing
- Silk Dyeing on Long Island / E. DeMott. Long Island Forum, Vol. 1,
No. 3; p.8; May. 1938.
- A brief article about the silk-dying industry that established itself on in Farmingdale. The main company
is that of Independent Silk Dying Co., and that of R. A. Weber Silk Dyeing, it's compotator.
- Illustrations or Maps: No
Return to Location Index Home