Vintage Movie Posters
Special Collections has 6,000
movie posters mainly from the 1940s and
1950s. Posters from the 100 best movies can now
be viewed online.
Currently on Display
Movies to Watch for Thanksgiving
- Plymouth Adventure
- "Trials and tribulations beset the one hundred odd settlers that journey to
Virginia in 1620 including unexpectedly arriving in Plymouth, Massachusetts."
- Captain John Smith and Pocahontas
Alan Hale Jr.,
Philip Van Zandt,
- "Captain John Smith overcomes the treachery of some of his men and resentment
of the local Native Americans to establish the colony of Jamestown."
- The Far Horizons
- "United States has just acquired Louisiana from France. An expedition led by Lewis and Clark
is sent to survey the territory and go where no white man has gone before. Are they able
to overcome the dangers with the help of Sacajawea?"
- The Pathfinder
(1952, rereleased 1953) starring
- "Pathfinder, a white man raised by the Mohican Indians, joins forces with the
British army to avenge himself on the Mingo warriors and the French, who have brought
death and pillage to his people. He takes on a mission to retrieve secret plans from within
the French fort at St. Vicente."
Filmography links and data courtesy of
The Internet Movie Database.
The Library's movie posters
also paper the walls of the newly
refurbished Paramount Theater at
LIU Brooklyn, thanks, in part, to
the efforts of former LIU president,
Only duplicate copies of Paramount
Pictures movie titles were picked and then placed in secure frames.
Very recently, the rest of the Paramount duplicates were also sent to
be framed. There is also the exciting possibility of movie poster
exhibits animating one of the
rooms. Movie buffs,
please watch for coming attractions.
Back to Online Posters Page